Translate

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Anniversaries and Birding Blog

This week I have a lot of anniversaries of big events in my life.  April 30, 2002 is when I came up to live on the Gunflint Trail, and exactly 2 years earlier, graduated from Concordia College - Moorhead.  May 4, 2015 is when I landed in Ireland.  The Ham Lake Fire started on May 5, 2007.  On May 6, 1997, I headed out to New York City with the Concordia Choirs to sing in Carnegie Hall.  A lot of life changing events seem to happen to me around the beginning of May!
Kylemore Abbey, Connemara Peninsula, County Galway, Ireland
Mom and me at the Cliffs of Moher, County Clare, Ireland
These are the tallest cliffs in Europe, and a great birding spot as well!

Today, I worked as a Naturalist in the morning and afternoon, and just completed my Thirsty Boots show at the radio station.  In my show, I played music about fire in commemoration of the Ham Lake Fire anniversary tomorrow.  Then I played Celtic Music in commemoration of the trip with my Mom to Ireland.  There was fiddle music in there, since I am learning the fiddle.  I even played some songs about birds.

I am continuing to look for bird species for my Big Year.  I'm up to 42 species in the last 5 days.  If you want to follow my birding Big Year, I created a separate blog.  The address is https://sillimanbirding.blogspot.com.  Every few days, I will update my birding list, and show you pictures of some of the birds I have spotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment